The former Manchester City trainee had been growing his beard out since the middle of the season to benefit the club's charitable foundation, which provides breakfasts at schools across Kirklees.
Hoping to bring attention to a good cause, the age 25-year-old vowed that he would dye his beard blue and white of Huddersfield if donations topped his goal of £1000 raised.
If we get to the 1000 pound mark I will dye the beard blue and white for the game, which will also mean the beard will have raised over 2/4— Adam Clayton (@Clayts15) April 23, 2014
As the donations neared the £1,000 mark, Clayton and his black beard visited a hair salon for a makeover.
For some reason, though, his beard wouldn't take the white dye and just hours before the game, Clayton resorted to face paint.
Last resort getting underway hahahaaaa pic.twitter.com/QTzVH6zLCS— Adam Clayton (@Clayts15) April 26, 2014
In the end, he got the job done and the result was a stripey beard that matched his shirt.
Huddersfield's midfielder Adam Clayton wins beard of the season! pic.twitter.com/K2vYJdslxq— The SPORT Bible (@TSBible) April 26, 2014
Sadly, the beard has gone now because his wife Amanda wasn't as big a fan of the unique look.
- Didier Drogba to launch underwear range for charity
- Inter Milan player D'Ambrosio using Twitter for charity
- Ex-West Brom striker Rosenberg leaves ENTIRE contents of house to charity
- Goodbye Afro! Tom Huddlestone gets haircut in nearly three years
- Pic of the day: Marouane Fellaini turns his trademark Afro silver