Injured Rangers ace hospitalized after egg explodes | inside World Soccer

Injured Rangers ace hospitalized after egg explodes

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Glasgow Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot was taken to hospital after an egg he was poaching in a microwave exploded in his face.

The 25-year-old was inspecting two eggs he had just poached in his microwave when one of them blew up and squirted hot water into his face as he opened the microwave door.

He was treated at hospital for scalding to his cheek, before being allowed to go home following the incident on Sunday.

"It may sound funny but it was quite a serious accident. Kirk's face was quite badly burned," a Rangers insider told The Daily Record.

"As it happens, it was a close shave. He was very close to burning his eye, which could have had a serious impact on his career."

Broadfoot, who joined the Ibrox club in 2007, had already been ruled out for the rest of the season with a foot problem.

His injury is the latest bizarre mishap to have been suffered by a football star in recent years.

England stars Rio Ferdinand, David Seaman, and David James have all been injured while watching the television.

Last year, AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso dislocated every finger in his left hand after falling down a hole between two dug-outs in training.

Earlier this season, Stoke midfielder Liam Lawrence twisted his ankle when he tripped over his dog.

Open an account with bet365 today and claim your 100% Deposit Bonus!

Also see:
Copyright © 2016. inside World Soccer | Privacy Policy
Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah & Distributed by Free Blogger Templates
Creative Commons License