Cristiano Ronaldo unhappy with dismissal | inside World Soccer

Cristiano Ronaldo unhappy with dismissal

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cristiano Ronaldo feels that he should not have been dismissed during Real Madrid's 2-0 win over Málaga on Sunday.

The Portuguese star had scored both of his side's goals at the Bernabéu before his evening took a turn for the worse on 70 minutes.

He was shown a straight red card after his swinging elbow caught Málaga defender Patrick Mtiliga in the face.

"It was not my intention to injure Mtiliga. I'm very sad for what happened but calm," Ronaldo told the Spanish press.

"Those who understand football know that my intention is always to play the ball. I learned in England not to deceive the referees.

"This is not a red card here or anywhere in the world and I'm not asking for protection. I've seen worse things in other games.

"I didn't mean to injure the lad. It was bad luck to hit him on the nose because he's only 1.70m and if he had been taller I would have struck his chest.

"I've spoken with Mtiliga and he told me that I didn't need to apologise because he doesn't believe I hurt him intentionally."

The dismissal was Ronaldo's second of the season and will see him banned for at least one game. The first came against Almería in December for intentionally kicking out at a player.

He added: "I wouldn't want to injure anybody. I'm not that type of person. I'm not a bad person. I only want to shine by playing football."


Please subscribe to our RSS feed to receive more updates. You can also subscribe by Email and enjoy our latest posts sent directly to your inbox.


Related links:

Team


Personal

Also see:
 
Copyright © 2016. inside World Soccer | Privacy Policy
Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah & Distributed by Free Blogger Templates
Creative Commons License